For my birthday, Eric took me on a sailboat ride around Auckland's harbour. You had to book in advance and it ended up being really rainy, so we had a private cruise! It ended up clearing a bit and turned into a great night. I got to steer and Eric worked the sails, it was awesome!
Monday, December 21, 2009
Various Spring Activities
We have been horrible with updating the blog, sorry! This spring has been really busy. Eric has been working crazy hours at his temp job (his last day is tomorrow! He got his official work visa a few weeks ago, so he will be looking for a permanent job after the holidays), and I have been really busy with work and everything else. We have had some time for fun though!
For my birthday, Eric took me on a sailboat ride around Auckland's harbour. You had to book in advance and it ended up being really rainy, so we had a private cruise! It ended up clearing a bit and turned into a great night. I got to steer and Eric worked the sails, it was awesome!
We've also been venturing back to our favorite hiking area, the Waitakeres, now that the trails are starting to dry out. The Te Henga-Bethells Beach Trail is another coastal track with dramatic views and black sand beaches. And some surfers on the huge waves. 
I've also had a few trips to Melbourne lately. I actually got to do a bit of sightseeing one day and headed over to St Kilda's Beach. I walked out on the pier, and noticed there were TONS of huge jellyfish in the water!! Apparently they weren't a stinging kind, but they were everywhere! Then I walked along the beach, and there were more jellyfish washed up on beach every foot or so. And there were still a bunch of people swimming in the water. I'll pass on that one!
St Kilda's is also known for the cake shops. At least 4 stores (almost right in a row) sell nothing but desserts...mmmm...
In early November we headed up to a holiday park at Pakiri Beach for the night. Another beautiful beach, and we got a one time use charcoal grill for dinner - it worked great! Then Eric tried some fishing in the morning but no luck. We've got to find some fish for this boy!
I'll try and post some pictures from my parents visit before the holidays - we visited some beautiful South Island spots!!
For my birthday, Eric took me on a sailboat ride around Auckland's harbour. You had to book in advance and it ended up being really rainy, so we had a private cruise! It ended up clearing a bit and turned into a great night. I got to steer and Eric worked the sails, it was awesome!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment